Monday, April 12, 2010

Nothing better than a girls weekend to get you walking

4 fabulous days in the Finger Lakes helped me to get my km count up to 31 kms for this week. I walked on cliffs, by waterfalls, over golf courses, hiked 2 miles up a 1010 foot mountain (or at least it felt like a mountain) and then back down again. All I know is that if there are hills like that on THE WALK I am TOAST. Watkins Glen, Ithaca, and Geneva what a beautiful area of the Finger Lakes and we walked a lot of it. Thanks to my good friends Lindsey, MJ and Sharon for making the walks so enjoyable. We didn't even realize how much we were walking (other than the mountain) with all the picture taking and information signs to stop and read. One other good piece of information I picked up about walking is it is most definitely easier to do if you haven't drank a litre of red wine the night before. So no wine on September 11, yeah right. It's hard to picture the Wright's doing anything without a little glass of wine.

Raffle update - I have sent a copy of the ticket over to Maureen and Colleen to approve and verify, so far we have a 4some of golf at Kings Riding - value $500, a basket of booze - value $350, guinness golf bag - club - shirt - hat value $150 and some gift certificates of varying values. Tickets will be on sale on Monday all being well.

Next up is the flyer for our garage sale which is Saturday, April 24 here in Aurora. My friends have all been rooting around in the basements, garages and closets looking for things for me to sell. I told them I can't take their husbands golf clubs (as they will probably be golfing that day). Let's hope for some good weather.

Walk On

No comments:

Post a Comment